Considering the fact that it is a European spec car, this 280E is generously equipped. Amenities include, but are not limited to:
- Ice cold air conditioning (automatic climate control)
- Electric steel sunroof
- Power window lifts front and rear
- Factory "Colorglas" tinted windows
- Heated rear window
- Quartz clock
- "Tempomat" Cruise control
- MB fabric "Stoff" upholstery
- BECKER Grand Prix Electronic Stereo Cassette radio with fader and multiple speakers
- Arm rests front and rear
- Automatic transmission
- Variable assist power steering
- Four-wheel power disc brakes
- Central locking system (including trunk and gas filler lid)
- Fog lights
- BUNDT light alloy wheels
Finally, the car is equipped with the rare and desirable, top-of-the-line 280E engine.
The 185 horespower 280E power plant is special, indeed. An inline 6-cylinder (engine code M110), equipped with dual overhead camshafts (DOHC), it was Mercedes' first post-war high-tech engine. The BOSCH K-Jetronic fuel injection with air volume control, first tried and tested in the big 6.9-liter sedan, completes the picture and makes the M110 engine the most powerful engine ever factory-installed in the W123 lineup.
Inspecting the 280E's undercarriage does not lead to any unpleasant surprises. All virgin metal, with not an ounce of non-factory undercoating, the car is as healthy as the day it rolled off the assembly line. Mercedes' factory rust prevention was considered exemplary in its day, with zinc-phosphate coatings before the final paint process, and vinyl-based undercoating.
Beautiful, 100% rust free floor pans.
You are most welcome to inspect this fine automobile at our location in Ventura, by appointment, or have someone
inspect it for you.
Please, direct all inquiries to email@example.com
or call us at 805-653-5551.